Look for the Red Flags
- Discuss the personalities or behaviors to watch for
- Learn what to manage for that signals addiction to drugs and alcohol
- What relationship behaviors can signal a problem?
- How is the workplace affected by high-risk employees?
An example of high-risk and violent employees’ behavior may include:
- A drastic and damaging change in their behavior.
- Intense disruptions to the work environment.
- Threats to other employees and managers.
- Alarming social media posts.
- Difficulty getting along with other employees and managers.
- Control or power issues with other employees and managers.
- Constant anger.
Every business owner or manager wants to create a safe environment for their employees and managers. A safe work environment is helpful towards employee and manager retention as well.
When you have high-risk and violent employees or managers, this creates an unsafe workplace for all. Identifying and managing those employees and managers can help to ensure that everyone has an ideal working environment and that the workplace is safe for everyone.
It is important to note that bad things happen to good employees and managers. One of the most significant warning signs is when a good employee suddenly adopts one of these behaviors. An unfavorable change in performance or behavior could indicate they have difficulties at home and work and could mean trouble coming to the workplace.
It is vital to know your employees and managers and understand their personalities. This is an integral part of being a good and safe employer. When you pay attention to your employees, you will notice when they are having a bad day. You may also learn that something serious is going on in their personal lives that could put extra pressure on them that can ultimately come to work with them.