The most crucial asset in any business is its’ people. Each employee influences others to be successful. However, success can never be achieved unless you own it and realize YOU have the power. Therefore, The YOU in Business is essential reading for all employees, from solopreneurs to large Fortune 500 companies.
Positive Attitude is Everything
Success starts with YOU. As described in Harnessing the Law of Attraction, visualizing what you want is the key.
The little voice inside your head establishes attitude. It is a mighty force that must be acknowledged. What does your inner dialog sound like on a day-to-day basis? Listen to it. Does it tell you that you are intelligent, full of good ideas, and capable? If not, the good news is this is the easiest thing to change because you have control over it!
By choosing to have a positive attitude, YOU can:
- Make decisions with confidence
- Lead others by setting a positive example
- Overcome obstacles
These are essential skills to acquire because your business will encounter failure. How you deal with that failure is directly related to your attitude. Choose a positive attitude, and you will discover positive outcomes.
3 Networking Methods
Now, The YOU in business must interact with people.
“Meet people! Meet people! Meet people!” – Tim Dimoff
Without meeting new contacts and establishing relationships on an ongoing basis, business success will forever elude you.
The best thing YOU can do to grow your business is to attend networking events. Make sure you have plenty of business cards with you at all times. Consider doing one or more of the following every business day:
- Join your business associations and attend all meetings,
- Participate in Toastmasters,
- Be a member of Rotary, Kiwanis, or other service organizations
- Join and participate in your local chambers of commerce
- Talk to people when you are standing in a store line,
- Engage with others at sporting events,
- Meet people through your children’s extracurricular activities
- Connect with others through LinkedIn
- Add people to your email list
- Send out emails regularly, either monthly or quarterly
The more you do it, the better you get at it.
Always Use a Personal Touch
The YOU in Business suggests adding a personal touch to all networking interactions. For example, can you remember the last time you received a handwritten note? This simple gesture can set you apart. Here are other ways YOU can demonstrate a personal touch:
- Remember names and ask for correct pronunciation if the name is unusual. Individuals love to be called by their first name.
- Note personal facts about the person you just met on their business card or in the notes section on your phone.
- Make a relevant introduction either at the meeting or afterward.
Always use the two most important words in business: THANK YOU. They are essential to life, but how refreshing is it when gratitude is expressed in the business world. A genuine THANK YOU expresses a positive attitude and builds relationships.
Use the tips in the book to enhance your interaction with associates, customers, and prospects and watch your business grow!
Want to Learn More?
You can order a signed copy of Tim’s book by calling or emailing him. He will ship it to you or your business, or you can come by his Akron, Ohio office between 9 am-5 pm Monday through Friday to obtain the book. The cost is $20 plus shipping and handling. Order your copy today!